Reactive Rover Evaluation
Saturday, October 9, 2021
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
You will be assigned a specific time to arrive within this window.
Reactive Rover is a program for dogs who react inappropriately to other dogs when they are on leash or in controlled settings like a class.
This program is not suitable for dogs who are aggressive to humans or for dogs who have bitten, attacked, or attempted to attack other dogs.
Dogs from the same home cannot attend the same Reactive Rover Class.
This is not an obedience class. While we include some basic skills, the class sessions concentrate on teaching you the necessary skills to prevent and/or interrupt your dog’s reactive responses. Our focus is on helping you develop the skills you need to manage your dog’s reactive behavior and to lessen your dog’s reactive responses.
Please read the full description below and the FAQ prior to registering for an Evaluation time slot.
The program has multiple parts which are described in detail below and in the FAQ. It consists of three parts. The first part is history gathering and a 30-minute in-person mini-consult. The second part is a 2-hour Introduction/Workshop. Third is a series of six one hour classes.
- Register for the evaluation which includes a history review and 30 minute in-person, mini-consult/evaluation session. The evaluation includes a review of behavior history forms which the instructor will send you after you register. The fee for the evaluation is non-refundable but will be applied as a credit if you register for the Workshop Class
- Complete a detailed history, which must be returned at least two days prior to the consult/evaluation. If the history is not returned on time the evaluation will be canceled. It will not be rescheduled. The fee is nonrefundable.
- Meet with the instructor for an evaluation/mini-consult so you and she can determine if the Reactive Rover program is an appropriate choice for you and your dog. The one-on-one evaluation/mini-consult is 30 minutes.
- If you and the instructor feel the course is a good fit for you and your dog, we will register you for the course. You’ll receive an email with a link to complete your payment. The cost of the evaluation will be deducted from the program fee if you register. Contact us if you don’t receive the payment link; your place in the class will not be confirmed until payment is received.
- The classes. The course begins with a two-hour Seminar without your dogs. There are six one-hour classes with your dogs. Classes are limited to three dogs. Please check the class dates before registering for an evaluation.
Because dog behavior can change over time, your evaluation is valid for a Reactive Rover class beginning within 6 months of an appropriate evaluation. If you haven’t started your course within that time frame, the instructor may require a new evaluation.
For more information read/download the full FAQ. Registering for the evaluation indicates that you agree to the terms and conditions related to the course as well as the Redfern Canines terms and conditions.
If you have additional questions, contact the course instructor.
Venue: Redfern Canines
Venue Phone: 717-979-0132Address: